In order to get the best deliverability and inbox placement rates, you need to establish yourself as a legitimate sender by developing a good reputation with mailbox providers (like Gmail and Hotmail). Here’s how:
1. Permission – only email to the people who have subscribed to receive your mail
2. Transparency – make sure your content is relevant to the recipient. Display meaningful information in the Subject, From, and Reply-to headers
4. Stop sending to recipients who don’t want your mail, specifically:
- Remove spam complaints and unsubscribe requests
- Remove inactive users (no opens/clicks in 30 days)
- See below for more instructions on List Hygiene
5. Suppress recipients who you know (for any reason) should not be mailed to
6. Avoid the following BAD practices:
- Sending messages without testing and proofreading
- Hide the sender or use a misleading subject line
- Hide the unsubscribe link or ignore unsubscribe requests
- Buy email lists – especially those from untrustworthy sources
- Sell your list to a third party without permission
High click rates.
Reply/Forward your messages.
Moved from Junk to Inbox Folder.
From email added to recipient contacts.
Time spent to read message.
High Spam Complaints
Delete without reading